my parents

Go down

my parents

Post  dreamscoko on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:30 pm

my parents

OME years ago, while staying at the -side, my parents renewed their acquaintance with some ladies, whom we will call the Misses Perkins. They were the daughters of a clergyman deceased, and had a slender competence, on tory burch flats which they not only kept up a creditable appearance, but were charitable and useful.
It happened that, shortly before returning home, my parents remarked, in presence of these ladies, that they had intended to leae me behind for a time, because my health was delicate, but that some change of plan preented the family with whom I was to hae been domesticated from receiing me.Hereupon significant looks passed between the sisters, and the next day a note arried, which set forth, that though the Misses Perkins were not in the habit of receiing boarders—far from it,—yet on this occasion they should be happy to step out of their usual path, and accommodate the daughter of their old friend.
Accordingly, I was sent to their house, and the ladies—that is, some of them—took care
tory burch sale that I should derie all the benefit that care and kindness could secure to me.
The Misses Perkins coenanted
tory burch shoes to proide me with sea air, and, besides that, they proided me with many speculations on human life; on the Proidence which throws certain characters together; the changes they are intended to work on one another ; the place each is fitted to fill in this world; the reason why some are priileged to be almost always helpers, while others are suffered tory burch outlet to be uniformly hinderers; and the cause why some, as it seems, are compelled to exert themseles so much, while others, it is eident, are determined to do so little.
But did the Misses Perkins intend to teach me all this ? Certainly not; they were by no means metaphysical in their turn of mind and conersation. They were not gien to abstract speculation. They neer talked of the object of life, or of their missions.

Back to top Go down